Operations Manager – at our Cobham Road premises in Kerikeri, Bay of Islands –
Part-time (FTE 0.5 to 0.75)
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our growing natural products business. The position will initially be 20 hours/week, with up to 30 hours/week required during the peak season (Oct-Mar). There is potential for this to grow into a full-time role in the future. Start date is Monday 5thAugust 2019.
This is a pivotal role in the organisation and touches most of the supply chain, from critical functions such as production planning through to distribution and logistics. Health & Safety responsibilities are also included. You will also provide support to the owners and adopt a 2IC role as and when required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 2IC responsibilities
- Day to day management of premises and supply team, including staff supervision when required
- Customer invoicing
- Distribution and logistics – domestic & export, including dispatch & inventory control
- Production planning assistance & quality control – collating forecasts, matching supply & demand, managing manufacturers & ingredient suppliers
- Health & safety lead
Goodbye makes natural products that take care of skin outdoors. We aspire to make everything that we do a reflection of the value of natural living and being outdoors. This is the first qualification of working with Goodbye, that your vision of wellness is compatible with Goodbye’s purpose. We exist to help people connect to themselves, each other and the planet.
This role is for a person with a range of skill sets, with previous experience in and/or exposure to, planning and forecasting, sales, distribution and customer service. Health & Safety experience is also desirable.
- Ideally you will come from a wholesale business background, with FMCG experience an advantage. A personal focus on health & wellness would make you an ideal fit with our team.
- Being a team player is paramount, as sometimes it is all hands on deck to support the business in whatever is required.
- You need the ability to navigate and understand what is critical to getting the job done.
- We are a Mac based business. You must be technology savvy with intermediate level skills in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel & Word. We also use Dropbox, Smartsheet & Google’s G Suite.
- As there is a physical component to this role, you must also be physically fit and able to lift heavy boxes on occasions.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 29th May 2019. To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria listed above & email to: